On Thursday night, an electric bike caught fire while being charged in an apartment complex at APSCB Colony near NSTL in Vizag. According to locals, the fire spread to the nearby room of the watchman and destroyed it, while the two-wheeler was gutted. Following the information, fire service personnel rushed to the apartment and extinguished the fire.
With people finding electric vehicles more convenient, the number of such bikes moving on roads is gradually going up. The rise in fuel prices is also contributing to the use of electric vehicles by many riders. The electric bikes can also be charged easily at home and the users need not depend on outside charging stations.
As people prefer new generation bikes to the old ones, several companies have entered the market manufacturing a variety of models in tune with the taste of riders.
However, reports of electric vehicles catching fire while being charged from various places cause concern. According to experts, cheap e-bikes and low-quality batteries may explode due to a lower-quality process of manufacturing. The electric bike fire in Vizag underscores the imperative of stringent safety measures in the expanding electric vehicle industry.
No life was harmed in the electric bike fire accident
This article is written by senior journalist Lakkoju Nagesh Babu.
Stay tuned to Yo! Vizag website and Instagram for more city news updates.