The officials of tourism sector are planning to develop an ecotourism circuit in Araku with the funds provided by the central and state government. The tourism department would be focusing on providing food, entertainment, and sports.
Ecotourism circuit would be based at 110km from Visakhapatnam and 200km from Rajamahendravaram. Essentialities for taking rest during the journeys and providing food along the National Highways are the major aspects of the project.
The Araku ecotourism circuit would be funded with Rs 159 Crores for the following developments:
- Basic facilities would be provided with Rs 3 Crores at S. Kota.
- Advanced development of Haritha Resorts with Rs 7.3 Crores comprising 12 ethnic cottages and adventures like the zip line, Burma loops, rope walking. Also, cycling sector would be provided at Kondiba village in Araku.
- Basic amenities would be provided at Borra Caves with Rs 2.5 Crores. A 150m suspension bridge from the caves and shops for showcasing and selling Girijan products would be re-established.
- Development of roads leading to Kodamba Waterfalls with Rs 50 Lakhs.
- Wellness Tourism Centre would be developed at Sunkara matta.
- Development of Araku Museum with Rs 2.50 Crores. Bathing rooms, sitting area, coffee area, Girijan Museum sounds, lighting decorations, open-air theatre, a restaurant, and boating facilities would be developed near the museum.
- An eat street would be sited in Araku Valley with funds of Rs 2.50 Crores.
- Girijan Fair would be established in the valley.
- With Rs 5 Crores, an artificial slide and other adventures would be availed at Vajrala Konda.
- Araku Coffee Tourism to be developed with Rs 2 Crores.
- Development of Chaprai region with Rs 2.5 Crores.
- Basic amenities would be provided at Lambasingi with Rs 15 Crores.