APTDC is working on projects at a war footing to place Vizag firmly as ‘The Destination’ for tourists. To increase tourist footfalls, a lot of projects are planned and being executed. Latest attraction to wow all of us is the ambitious project of bringing India’s longest rope way to Vizag. It is 12 kilometers long. Yes, you read that right.
Details you must know:
- Two stretches have been identified i.e Kailasagiri to Simhachalam and Kailasagiri to Dolphin’s Nose.
- Stakeholders are, Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation and AP Tourism Development Corporation.
- Rope way from Kailasagiri to Dolphin’sNose will be 12 kms and the same from Kailasagiri to Simhachalam will be less than 2 kms. ( We are hoping for the former.)
- It will be funded by World Bank as a part of development of Kailasagiri as a tourist spot.
- 4 crores to be paid for research and work on the project to be conducted by Ahmedabad based agency. They will work out the details of feasibility and execution of the project and submit a plan in 3 months.
- Local people, people’s representatives will contribute to the project by giving valuable feedback, suggestions etc.
The Minister for HRD has taken a personal interest by attaching top priority to the project and encouraging haste. The ambitious project is in conception stage but is very much happening. Considering the work done by APTDC we can expect it soon Vizag. Stretching across the expanse of the sea, the ropeway will be a thrilling and adventurous experience. Tourists are attracted by ropeways and everyone of the family finds it entertaining. What better than beautiful Vizag to execute it?
- Crossing the sea across 12 kms.
- The hills of Kailasagiri and Dolphin’s Nose for starters.
- Glass domed cable cars for superb viewing experience.
- Thrill seekers rewarding experience.
- The view of city all around while you fly through the sky.
We will get back with more news on it as we get. Until then let us hope and wish for a practical and safe plan for the rope way to come up soon.
Source – TOI