All of us in Vizag have seen at least one in our family, friends or acquaintances holding or playing with the latest toy Fidget Spinner. This toy has cut across all generations and thus you can see adults and youngster both in spin frenzies.
Software techies in offices and students in school are sporting these.
Online shopping for these is major business. Everyday there is a fancier, different one to buy.
What is it?
This latest toy has been advertised as helping people who have trouble with focusing or fidgeting by relieving nervous energy. As of May 2017, there is no scientific evidence that they are effective as a treatment.
The toy became popular among schoolchildren and consequently some schools banned the spinners for being a distraction, while other schools allowed the toy to be used discreetly. – Wikipedia
Fun!! – Right now these toys are hot stuff but youngsters do grow tired very soon. It is cool to flash one or flaunt your latest online buy among peers. Sadly such fads don’t last unless they work miracles. Let us see if this latest hot buy is?
Fidget Spinners are good:
- Supposedly improves focus by drawing attention away from physical preoccupations and distractions.
- Fidget spinning claims to reduce ordinary body fidgeting. (Really or not?!!)
- Makes you look right now because everyone has one and flaunting it.
- Helps in mobile phone de-addiction by drawing focus away.
Fidget Spinners are bad:
- Just another distraction for already distracted youngsters.
- Possible cause for injury. Lot of minor to major injuries have been reported. Some are to self. Some to others (they fly out of the hand when spun at high speed and hit others.)
- They are banned in school because they became a nuisance.
- Waste of time.
- Waste of money. There is a new, more attractive one everyday. How many will you buy?
Verdict – Enjoy it and own it. Don’t let it be one more gadget that takes over your mind and body.