Let us have a mid-week throwback session. Those who are in college raise your hands up. Those who miss/love college days read on. We meet so many friends in college. Some we are close to, some we long to be close to, some outright enemies etc. Cherished college days wont come back so those who are in college have fun. For those of us who miss them, those were the best days of our life. The types of friends from college you meet on campus are of few varieties that all will be sure to have.
Types of friends from college
- Best friends/friends/BFFs – The friend in college closest to you in every way. You share your secrets, your college gossip, fundas of life etc etc. Tagging along with each other everyday at college. She/he is sure to save you a seat if you are late and mark your attendance if you bunk.
- The Study Buddy – The studious citizen of your class who becomes your best friend before exam. They do the work for you to swallow like a pill before the papers. Thanks in retrospect.
- The Party/Mischief Buddy – Not all are willing to go along with dare devilry. This friend is up for crazy stuff at anytime. You party hard and are each other’s back up.
- Your Crush – The person who is the object of your affection and attention. The stuff of your college daydreams. May or may not know about you of course. You still look at it as a fun time.
- The One who has a crush on you – The guy/girl who moons over you. You are the object of their attention. You enjoy it. Love it. Sometimes it irritates you though and can turn too public for your taste.
- The Friendzoned Bestie – The best friend who loves you. You know it. You ignore it. You really like them and do not want to lose them. The classic friend zone victim who can do anything for you.
- The Enemy/Backstabber/ Fairweather friend – The object of hatred and evil plans by you. The enemy if the college character that troubles you, haunts you and troubles you. Be it in competition or affection, they gossip behind your back and will do everything to trouble you.The Joker – The humour element in your campus that tickles your funny bones. They are loved by all and great to hang out with. They may not be best friends but are pally with all.
- The Wise Man – The college know it all often called gyan baba. He dispenses unsolicited advice at inopportune moments. The guru ji who is sometimes referred to for advice.
- Friends for life – The group or the friend from campus or college who becomes a friend for life. Friends from college aside, they are those with whom the bond grows stronger and the touch never goes. They become the best that college gives you.