Kursura Submarine stands one of the major tourist attractions in Vizag. Famous for captivating the tourists, the prized possession has been made all the more special now. VMRDA (Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region development authority) has remodeled it with a new setup and interesting arrangements.
What are the changes made to Kursura Submarine?
The Kalvari-class diesel-electric submarine of the Indian Navy, in Vizag, has undergone so many steps of remodeling. Various steps have been taken for attracting the tourists right from the entrance of the submarine itself.
- UPVC lights have been set up all through the compound walls of the submarine.
- The iron staircase into the submarine, which used to be congested and inconvenient for the tourists, is now replaced with a new and wide staircase.
- The spare parts, motors, fans, and other equipment kept on display have also been replaced. The captain, kitchen, and communication rooms are also beautified.
- Kursura even got a highly advanced AC equipment with 40 tonnes capacity from Thailand. Three such advanced air conditioners have been equipped inside the submarine to make the tourists feel free from suffocation.
- To keep the submarine rust-free, VMRDA painted the inner and outer parts of the submarine with dust resistant, salt water resistant, and dust-free colors.
In an attempt to introduce an infotainment system, like the one in the aircraft TU-142 museum, VMRDA, on its website, invited EOI ( Expression of Interest ) applications from the interested firms. It even asked them to get in touch with the concerned authorities before 14 February.
VMRDA Commissioner, Basanth Kumar, while speaking to Eenadu informed that keeping several shortcomings in mind, the authorities have taken the necessary steps to make the experience of Kursura Submarine even better.