Pride of Andhra Pradesh, the police force have now a swanky new building. Futuristic and impressive, the building which is the Andhra Pradesh Police Headquarters is befitting the force. Glass and an expansive super structure give it an uber-new avatar. The building was inaugurated by CM Chandrababu Naidu on 16 August. It is located on the Vijayawada-Guntur highway in Mangalagiri. On par with any world class police headquarters, it has space, security equipment and greenery all around. The features prerequisite of a police headquarter are all there. This includes bullet proof glasses, CCTV cameras, high-end surveillance, biometric attendance etc.
Interesting facts about it:
- The acreage of the Andhra Pradesh POlice Headquarters is 5 acres.
- The cost of the structure is Rs.40 crores.
- Built at full efficiency, it took just 10 months for construction.
- It has 5 floors incuding ground floor.
- It has 1 acre parking space.
- It has 3 conference halls.
- Just 15 kms away from the Secretariat.
- Floor wise distribution of workforce is – first floor – CID, second floor – Andhra Pradesh Police Recruitment Board and Training Department, third floor – Law and Order, fourth floor – Technical services and offices of DIG rank officials and fifth floor – DGP office and conference hall.
On the auspicious event, Chief Minister Chandra Babu Naidu is quoted to have said that he wanted the force to follow the dictum, “police should be invisible and policing should be visible”.