Hyeprloop is in news again and this time it’s arrival is imminent. A MoU has been signed by Hyeprloop Transportation Technologies with AP Economic Development Board. This makes the earlier announcement of replacing metrotransit with Hyperloop concrete.Hyperloop route will be developed between Vijaywada and Amaravathi. It will shorten the one hour travel to a span of 5 minutes only. Hyperloop project is being undertaken to mitigate the adverse effects of transport related problems such as congestion and pollution. Amaravathi is aimed to be a futuristic city with Hyperloop being the futuristic travel. No old fashioned ways of metro transit for the new capital of Andhra Pradesh.
What is Hyperloop?
Hyperloop is the latest big thing in transport technology. Elon Musk is the brain behind Hyperloop. It is a futuristic metro transit system where magnetically powered capsules travel at high speeds through low-pressure tubes, thereby potentially reducing transport time by more than 80%. Hyperloop One is the company which is delivering the technology. If hyperloop comes to Andhra Pradesh, passengers can expect to travel from Vizag to Amaravati in just 23 minutes.
Currently happening –
- Memorandum of Understanding has been signed and the first stage is to start.
- Phase 1 of project will begin next month with a feasibility study and research to be undertaken over 6 months. This will engage local stakeholders for indepth research. It will take into account local geographical conditions, terrain, best routes etc.
- Phase 2 will see the actual construction start. This could optimistically be started by next year.
- Rs. 1265 crores will be the investment cost as per sources quoted by The Indian Express.
- Public Private Partnership model will be followed for operationalizing the project. Private players have been given access for investments in the project.
- A testing track will be made and all preliminary studies will be conducted to ensure optimal output.
- Employment will be generated for local masses. Direct employment to 500 and indirect to 2000 more.
The inking of the pact has made the coming revolutionary mode of travel a reality. A faster and more futuristic replacement to metro transit. If the project works out it will be the first Hyperloop in the world.