Konathala has appealed to PM Narendra Modi again for keeping the promise made to North Andhra citing the unrest and discontent of people.
Former Minister Konathala Ramakrishna has brought it to Pm Narendra Modi in an appeal for addressing the dishonoured list of promise made to North Andhra. A fact that has created wide unrest and discontent among the people here. He highlights each and every promise that has been included in the BJP election manifesto as well as the AP Reorganization Act.
Various issues continue to plague North Andhra after the bifurcation of the state and the people’s disappointment will lead to political instability. This matter has been pointed out by Konathala in the appeal to Narendra Modi, especially highlighting the issues in health care, education and development. Appeals to address the promise has been made repeatedly through 2016 to date. The areas of concentrated issues are the districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaran and Visakhapatnam.
The issues highlighted are –
- Financial assistance of 15,000 crores that was a promise in AP Reorganization Act.
- Special development assistance to 3 districts of North Andhra and 4 districts of Rayalseema.
- Railway zone with headquarters in Visakhapatnam that is a long standing issue.
- Conversion of the Visakha Institute of Medical Sciences (VIMS) into All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
- Metro rail for Visakhapatnam.
- Captive mines for Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
- Special Category Status (SCS) to Andhra Pradesh.