Last updated 3 years ago
One of Tollywood’s most famous film studios, Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad, had to face the brunt of a major fire accident that broke on one of the sets at the studios. The event, which took place on Monday evening, sent panic waves among the residents living in the surrounding areas.
A total of five fire brigade teams reached the spot and fought it out for about two hours to get the situation under control.The cause of the fire is being speculated to be a short circuit. Luckily, there were no casualties reported in this unfortunate accident.
Actor Akkineni Nagarjuna reached the location and got to know the details of the situation. While addressing the media that gathered at the locale, he informed that the set which was put up for ‘Manam’ was completely destroyed in the flames. He mentioned that this particular set was treasured as one of the last memories of his father late Sri Akkineni Nageswara Rao. Nagarjuna, quite understandably, was upset with this incident and expressed sorrow over the fact that one of his family’s most valuable possessions was brought down to ashes. He estimated that the accident might have caused a total loss of INR 2 crore.
Annapurna Studios was established in 1975 by Sri Akkineni Nageswara Rao and is a popular spot for shooting many films. The house is even a reputed banner for producing and distributing films.