The event that has brought the culture of marathon running is happening again this year and it is on November 12. Vizag Navy Marathon is the coolest fitness movement in town and everyone is going.
Last year and the year before, have seen Vizag people coming out in large numbers and signing up for the running fest of Visakhapatnam a.k.a Navy Marathon. Organized by Indian Navy, Eastern Naval Command this has stalwarts from the field are pitching in for making the marathon a success. Captain Animesh Nagar, Command – Adventure and Sports Officer, Eastern Naval Command and Dr Muralidhar Nannapaneni, race director for Hyderabad Marathon and several other in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are managing it. Dr. Muralidhar Nannapaneni is race director for Vizag Navy Marathon 2017.
Everyone is Visakhapatnam should participate because it has stopped being just another sporting event. It has become a movement.
- A turnout of 15000 participants is expected.
- The different categories are full marathon, 42.195 kms, half marathon, 21 kms and 10 and 5 kms.
- Registrations are open till October end and the online registrations can be done at vizagnavymarathon.com.
- The marathon will start from Beach Road near Viswapriya Function Hall going all the way up to Bheemli.
- Free health check up for the participants is being organized by CARE hospitals a day before on beach road.
Visakhapatnam is very enthusiastic about it’s signature marathon event. The participants range from mothers with babies in arms to naval officers, local sports figures, youngsters and more. It is where the city comes together. Be there. Be a part.