Along with the development in the tourism sector, Rushikonda is paving its way towards becoming a religious landmark. Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) has decided to construct an Alayam (temple) for Lord Venkateswara Swamy at Rushikonda in Visakhapatnam.
Details of the Lord Venkateswara temple
- With Rs 9 Crore, TTD has started the groundwork for the Alayam at Rushikonda.
- It would be situated on the hill located between Gitam and Gayatri Colleges.
- The Alayam would be built in a 10 acre land on the hill.
- Sub-temples of Bhudevi and Sridevi would also be built in the surroundings.
- The Vahanamandapam would be constructed right next to the temple.
- 4 streets would be constructed for the pilgrims’ comfortability.
- Resting facilities for the pilgrims and tourists would also be constructed.
- Roads to approach the Alayam and footpath with staircase would be set up. The construction would be starting soon.
- The staircase would be built using granite.
- A passway of a 1km stretch from the beach road would be set up towards the hill.
- The TTD officials are planning to complete the total construction in two years.
Rushikonda is already recieving a lot of tourist footfall every year due to various establishments in the area. With the new proposal of TTD, the city’s destination would be reaching new heights under the tourism sector.