The Surajya Yatra or Rally for Good Governance is an initiative of Lok Satta party founder Jayprakash Narayan. The objective of the Yatra is bringing people together with the leaders for better governance and a more welfare oriented system. It starts in Vizag today and will continue for 4 days at different locations around the city.
- Surajya Yatra or Rally for Good Governance begins today in Vizag and covers all districts of Andhra Pradesh.
- It is an initiative of Lok Satta founder Jayprakash Narayan.
- It targets issues that will impact governance for improving people’s lives.
- No politics involved, only people. The target people in Vizag are – youth, farmers, poor and dalits and middle class citizens.
- The Yatra for good governance will stop at each district for 4 to 5 days.
- Problems and solutions will be the focus of creating path for good governance.
- Two websites launched for the mission which are – www.youthforbetterindia.com and www.citizensforbetterindia.com.
- The target for the rally are 6 six issues:
- providing citizen services in a transparent and time-bound manner
- quality and affordable education to all
- health care
- decentralisation of power to allow local bodies to address the grievances of people effectively
- ensure crime and punishment to be addressed without undue delay to restore people’s faith in law and order
- make agriculture profitable
The Rally for Good governance is here in Vizag for four days. It will cover the spots of Gajuwaka, Andhra University, Madhurawada and Anakapalle . The Vizag phase will enable the good governance initiative to bring people and governance together. From Vizag the Surajya Yatra proceeds to East Godavari between 19 to 23 September.