In a tragic incident, a girl who came to Visakhapatnam to appear for Group-2 exam was electrocuted to death at Autonagar in the city on Saturday night.
As per the details revealed by the Gajuwaka police, D. Komali, who belonged to Cheedikada mandal of Visakhapatnam district, came to the city and stayed with her father at Autonagar to appear for the exam. Sadly, things proved to be fatal for the 21-year-old when she was electrocuted and died on the spot after coming in contact with a live wire while taking a bath.
The police, who reached the spot on her father’s information, sent Komali’s body to the King George Hospital in the city for post-mortem. Reportedly, they further registered a case and an investigation is underway.
Komali, who was the fourth daughter in her family, was apparently a bright student. Striving hard to fulfill her parents’ dreams, the young girl, who recently completed her degree from a college in Vizianagaram, aimed to bag a job in the government sector and hence applied for the Group-2 exam. As per the sources, Komali went through a rigorous training regime to perform well in the exam. However, the recent tragedy, which took place just a few hours before the Group-2 exam in Visakhapatnam, has seen the family’s dreams come crashing down. The girl’s untimely demise has also left her village in sorrow. After the post-mortem, the last rites were performed at her village Kandivaram.