10 long years since it was promised but better late than never. CM Chandrababu Naidu yesterday laid the foundation stone for construction of the NAD Junction flyover in Visakhapatnam. A promise has been made for delivery in 18 months.
The traffic woes of Visakhapatnam at the super busy junction at NAD which connects 3 arterial roads will soon become past. At the ceremony for laying the foundation stone the CM has promised Vizag to have the flyover ready in 18 months. Making the promise good is the challenge for Vijay Nirman, the company that has been entrusted with the construction work. 113 crores is being pumped into the flyover project for creating an under-passage cum rotary mode separator flyover. A design to end the traffic problems in a modern way.
“We will leave no stone unturned to transform Visakhapatnam into the major global tourist destination and the IT hub” – These are the words of our CM Chandrababu Naidu.
- Budget 113 crores in EPC mode.
- 6-lane under passage rotary separator type-3 level flyover for Visakhapatnam.
- Two levels with 3 lanes on the first level and 4 lanes on the second level.
- 10, 000 passenger cars and 1,00, 000 people will be what the project will service.
- Additional service roads on all four sides and approach roads and amps to be developed.
- Pedestrian walkways, landscaping, bus stops, foot paths to be developed as well.
The time has come for Visakhapatnam to get it’s demand fulfilled and the major solution to the woes of people travelling through the busy NAD Junction.