In a shocking turn of events, a thirty-year-old man from Vizag District sustained severe burns while performing daredevilry fire stunt. The accident took place on Monday evening during Bhulokamamba Utsavam on the occasion of Nagula Chaviti. A video capturing the fire mishap had gone viral on social media, bringing the incident to limelight.
In an exclusive conversation with Yo! Vizag, Neelakanta Rao, Sub Inspector of Police, Yelamanchili Town Police Station shared details regarding the fire stunt. Shedding light on the event, he said that the accident happened at 4 PM on Monday. “The victim has been identified as Dadi Santosh (30), a resident of Yelamanchili. During the celebrations, a few experts were doing fire stunts. In a fit of excitement, the Vizag man decided to perform a fire stunt and consumed some kerosene. He blew it against a lighted stick to perform fire stunts. Unfortunately, his mouth caught fire and was injured severely,” the Yelamanchili SP added.
He informed that as the locals tried to put off the fire immediately, the kerosene in Santosh’s hand fell and the fire intensified further. This resulted in causing severe burns to the victim’s face and torso.
The locals responded to the situation and attempted to extinguish the fire by pouring water. He was immediately rushed to the nearest Primary Healthcare Centre (PHC). From there, he was taken to Anakapalli Government Hospital. Given the grim condition of the patient, the doctors referred him to King George Hospital (KGH) in Vizag.
Shedding light on the current health update of the thirty-year-old man, the Yelamanchili SP said that the patient is now out of danger. “He gained consciousness and is out of danger. We have recorded his statement as well,” he added.
It may be recalled that earlier on Monday morning ‘The Park Hotel – Vizag’ was gutted in a huge fire. The situation was soon brought under control and no one was injured in the accident.