The event that has brought the culture of marathon running is happening again this year and it is on November 12. Vizag Navy Marathon is the coolest fitness movement in town and everyone is going. Here are the updates.
Last year and the year before, have seen Vizag people coming out in large numbers and signing up for the running fest of Visakhapatnam a.k.a Navy Marathon. Organized by Indian Navy, Eastern Naval Command this has stalwarts from the field are pitching in for making the marathon a success. Captain Animesh Nagar, Command – Adventure and Sports Officer, Eastern Naval Command and Dr Muralidhar Nannapaneni, race director for Hyderabad Marathon and several other in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are managing it. Dr. Muralidhar Nannapaneni is race director for Vizag Navy Marathon 2017.
Everyone is Visakhapatnam should participate because it has stopped being just another sporting event. It has become a movement.
Important Details Update:
- For the Visakhapatnam Navy Marathon on November 12th, 2017 the participants must collect their race kit consisting of the Race T-Shirt & BIB from Viswapriya Function Hall at Beach Road November 10th & 11th, 2017 between 10.00AM to 6.00PM.
- Runners with BIB’s will only be allowed into the race course. Hence collecting the race kit is very important.
- The Race route will be blocked for general public and one can get updates about the road closures from the website www.vizagnavymarathon.com.
- Race start time and cost for each category
- Full Marathon – 4:15 Hrs – INR 1500 Plus Taxes
- Half Marathon – 05:15 Hrs – INR 1300 Plus Taxes
- 10 Kms – 06:15 Hrs – INR 1000 Plus Taxes
- 5 Kms – 06:45 Hrs – INR 600 Plus Taxes
- Runners have to arrive 30 minutes prior to their flag off time of their run category.
- The route map and all other race related info can also be on the official Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/vizagnavymarathon/
- A turnout of 15000 participants is expected.
- The different categories are full marathon, 42.195 kms, half marathon, 21 kms and 10 and 5 kms.
- Registrations are open till October end and the online registrations can be done at vizagnavymarathon.com.
- The marathon will start from Beach Road near Viswapriya Function Hall going all the way up to Bheemli.
- Free health check up for the participants is being organized by CARE hospitals a day before on beach road.