Visakhapatnam, the smart city, has a plethora of lip-smacking and yummy food that drives people crazy especially the hardcore foodie.
Visakhapatnam provides a large variety of food items that will leave any foodie awestruck. It’s not only the idli, dosa, vada or puri that are gobbled up within seconds of time, but the city tends to be an equal paradise for North Indian, Chinese cuisine, and desi street food as well.
It’s not necessary for every person to sit and spend a lot of money in a star hotel. One can get delicious food of his/her choice even in the smallest of restaurants, dhabas or street stalls here. Street food has always been an all-time favourite for most people with each food item having its own specialty and flavour. Apart from this small and big eating joints abound the town.
Hygiene becomes an important factor when food is taken into concern. Hence nowadays, even the street vendors and small establishments try and work accordingly, keeping the hygiene factor in mind. After all, cleanliness is also a matter of concern. We often find road side stalls and these establishments more crowded with people as compared to other multi-cuisine restaurants or hotels. Good quality of food is sold at the cheapest price, by the street vendors as well these days.
In Visakhapatnam, one can enjoy their evenings by hanging around cafes and ice cream parlours. And yet, many people come across street foods or tiny restaurants and go bonkers about them. From the morning breakfast, till the evening snacks, one can enjoy the different aromas and flavours of diverse kinds of food items.
- The Vasavi Tiffin Center of Kurupam market is the first place to get crowded the moment the clock strikes 7 in the morning. People are just found standing in queues outside this center, as it is famous for its hot dosas with spicy coconut chutney and bellam (jaggery) sambar.
- Deepak Punjabi Dhaba in Asilmetta is well known for their Punjabi cuisine. The aroma of those freshly made kulchas with desi ghee, daal makhani, butter chicken and paneer butter masala are just so tempting.
- Raju Gari Dhaba opposite to GITAM is equally famous for its biriyani. So how can a person just back off without helping himself/herself to two or three plates?
- MVP Colony Pani Puri and the Pani Puri stalls beside Jyoti Book Depot building are famous for their pani puri and hot chaats.
- Sev puri and Dahi puri of Simhadri Pani Puri and Hot Chaat opposite to Kalabharti stadium serves yummy snacks, which are just unforgettable. Bhel Puri and Pav Bhaji are also one of the most common snacks chosen here.
- Bhel Puri on the beach road is something that gives you the tangy taste and savory yummy food delight.
- Pav Bhaji beside Sea Green hotel is worth trying out.
- Crispy Kachoris, Samosas, Mysore Bondas and Parathas sold at the stall opposite to Vizag Central is always crowded till 11 PM at night. All these snacks with groundnut chutney and the Parathas with piping hot Aloo curry is the best combination worth eating. So, what are you waiting for? Try out these outlets and let us know your favourite places too!!