In comparison with other smartphone series launched by Samsung, J series phones have been quite successful and undoubtedly J2 is one among them. The South Korean company launched the Samsung Galaxy J2, 2017 edition, this past October.
This version of J2 is another Android-based power pack smartphone with the battery capacity 2600mAh and designed with 1.5 GB RAM along with 16 GB internal memory that can be expandable up to 128 GB. It also contains facilities such as dual GSM SIM supported by 3G and 4G connectivity in India.
The company is looking to target the Entry-level segment with this smartphone and has, hence priced it at Rs.7000 only. To make your purchase even delightful, leading couponing website, Zoutons, is providing exclusive mobile offers for all the leading online stores. You can check out these offers and take this smartphone home at an even modest fee.
Samsung Galaxy J2
- General specifications:
- An android based touch screen phone and the version is android 7.1
- The battery is removable and the phone weighs only 130 gm.
- The available colours are black and golden.
- Display and dimension specifications:
- The screen size is 5 inches
- The resolution is 540×960 pixels
- It is comprised of 4 GHz Snapdragon processor.
- Battery capacity is 2600mAh
- RAM is 1.5 GB
- Internal memory is 16 GB which is expandable up to 128 GB
- The phone also contains a micro SD card slot
- Camera details:
- Front camera is 5 megapixel with flash
- Rear camera is 8 megapixel with LED flash
- Connectivity specifications:
- The phone can be easily connected to Wi-Fi
- It can be connected to USB OTG
- It is supported by Bluetooth and GPS facility
- The phone also contains a headphone slot
- FM is another feature of this smartphone
- Both the SIM slots can support LTE or 4G, 3G, and GSM/CDMA connection
- The phone also has ambient light sensor
Some Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy J2:
- The Samsung Galaxy J2 phone is a power pack budget phone. In short, Samsung galaxy J2 is the new generation android phone with a minimum budget. Its attractive features are:
- It costs only INR 6,990/- and serves everything a smartphone could.
- The quad-core processor supports multi-tasking.
- The super AMOLED screen gives the screen an HD appearance.
- Besides 4G connectivity, it also serves ultra data saving mode during low battery condition which was only previously available in high budget phones.
- Additionally it a low weight and super good and smart-looking phone.
- But there are some features the phone lack in comparison with other phones available in the market.
- Other smartphone brands such as Nokia, Xiaomi, Moto, Micromax etc., serve with a greater screen (5/5.2 inch) as compared with Samsung Galaxy J2.
- Those phones too have better camera features and battery capacities. E.g, Moto C Plus costs only INR 5,999/- that contains 2 GB RAM and 4000 mAh battery. Xiaomi Redmi 4A costs 6,999/- and comprised of 3 GB RAM, 5 inches HD display screen, 13 MP rear camera and 8 MP front camera and a 3120 mAh battery (non-removable).
This phone is available at over the counter in Samsung stores and other mobile phone selling outlets with the price starting from INR 6,990/-. Apart from the offline stores, the phone is also available at most of the online shopping sites such as Flipkart, Amazon etc.
According to leading critics reviews, based on user experiences, Samsung Galaxy J2 is a budget smartphone for entry level. Samsung has a reputed brand value since long past. This phones unique AMOLED screen with HD appearance is the USP of the smartphone. The 4G connectivity and Snapdragon processor are the other lucrative features. But the phone comes with an average battery capacity with average camera features. Sound quality is not very good and so does the RAM. So, overall it is a low-budget average phone but good for new users.
With the competition in the entry-level smartphone segment tightening with the recent arrivals of Xiaomi, Vivo and other brands, Samsung is trying to hold its fort together with this latest smartphone. With an updated J2 model to be launched soon this season, the mobile manufacturer has put its all in this smartphone, which is a good sign for both users and the company itself. At the current price, it really is a bargain buy to consider.