Raksha Bandhan is coming up and the gift shops are abuzz with gift shoppers. Excited sisters shopping cute rakhis for their brothers and brothers, buying gifts for sisters. While there are lot of rakhis in the market that look very very fancy, there are rakhis from industries that use child labour or raw material shipped from the East. Not really a great idea. Think about green gifts.
The point here is that, it takes just a little thought to make a world of difference. May we suggest rakhis this Rakhsha Bandhan from the Gram Art Project and a one that you can actually buy and plant. These green gift rakhis have seeds that you can plant and watch a beautiful plant grow just as your bond of love. It is a right step and a step forward.
What makes this rakhi so special?
- Gram Art Project is the brain behind this innovative idea that links the same sacred thread through brothers, sisters, weavers, spinners and farmers.
- Grow the small seed encased in the rakhi and little siblings can watch it grow up with them.
- Each rakhi you buy comes with the story of it’s origin on the package. It’s fascinating to know the simple thread with so much history and travel behind it.
- It may not win the fancy competition but it will win the ‘Most Thoughtful’ rakhi award. After all it’s the feelings that matter, not the pomp and show.
- The colors of the threads are natural dyes and the thread spun on charkhas. wonderful isn’t it?
You can buy them online at your own convenience and the cost of the rakhi also includes the cost of raw material, labour and packaging. While shipping cost varies from where you are ordering it from, they are still so reasonably priced. Let us all go for these lovely green gifts this Raksha Bandhan and give the shiny stuff a miss.
Shop at : https://www.instamojo.com/Seedbands_gramartproject