Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu met with PM Narendra Modi on 5th of August regarding the issue of Andhra Pradesh being given a special status. After that meeting, the CM sent 14 issues of the state that are to be resolved by the Central Government.
The issues covered in the letter are:
- Granting Andhra Pradesh a special status.
- To give industrial subsidies like the one given in Himachal Pradesh and Uttrakhand.
- To release Rs. 13,275.76 crore incurred from the 2014-15 revenue loss.
- To increase the loan limit to 3.5%
- To give funds for the Polavaram National project by 2018-19.
- To release funds for the construction of the Secretariat, Assembly, Raj Bhavan and other government houses in the new state capital Amaravati.
- Funds for the completion of metro projects.
- An amount of Rs. 200 crore to be given to Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra for their development.
- According to the State Partition Law and the Supreme Court judgement, the institutions and corporate assets should be divided between the two states.
- All educational institutions as per the State Partition Law must be constructed immediately with the necessary funds.
- To have a new Railway Zone for Visakhapatnam.
- To construct a refinery in the state, a sea port at Nellore district and a steel plant in Kadapa.
- An apex council meeting to solve the discharge board issues of Godavari and Krishna rivers.
- The number of parliament seats to be increased to 225 according to the State Partition Law in section 26(1).
During a press conference on his meeting with the Prime Minister, the Chief Minister said: “Hon’ble PM has responded positively & assured that promises will be fulfilled. Requested him to convert the assurances into action.”
Chandrababu Naidu posted the following on his Facebook page:
Today, I had a meeting with Hon’ble Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi garu, during which I had elaborated on the assurances that the Centre had given to Andhra Pradesh.
I have discussed on #APSpecialStatus issue and also requested Hon’ble PM to implement all the assurances, in letter and spirit. I have also explained to him that that Centre should ensure and support Polavaram Project’s completion by 2018-19 and also sought their support in building the People’s Capital of #Amaravati.
Further, I also detailed the Hon’ble PM on the Rayalseema development package, clearances for universities and setting them up in a time-bound manner and other assurances such as Visakhapatnam Railway zone, Duggirajapatnam Port, Vizag & Vijayawada Metro rail, airports, etc.
I’m happy to inform you that the Hon’ble PM has responded positively & assured that promises will be fulfilled. In conclusion, I have requested him to convert the assurances into action.