26 passengers suffer food poisoning after consuming IRCTC catered food

railway,viskahapatnam
image for representational purpose

In an unfortunate incident that took place on the Tejas Express, about 26 passengers suffered food poisoning after consuming IRCTC catered food. The train, which was headed towards Mumbai from Goa, witnessed the mishap on Sunday morning.

The passengers on board complained about feeling uneasy after having the breakfast served to them. A report in Hindustan Times quoted a passenger saying, “We started experiencing nausea after consuming the soup.” The train was stopped at the Chiplun station where all the affected 26 passengers were admitted to a local hospital. Konkan railway’s chief spokesperson, LK Verma, said that twenty-five passengers were treated at the Lifecare hospital while a six-year-old was getting a pediatric treatment.

As per an IRCTC statement, “A show-cause notice has been served on the catering contractor and a strict action is will be taken if found guilty.” The statement also informed that around 230 passengers were served either omelettes or vegetarian cutlets as the breakfast. Reportedly, seven passengers, who complained of nausea, were attended by the onboard supervisor. Another two groups of passengers, of 15 each, also complained of nausea and were attended by a railway doctor.

Many passengers who travelled by the Tejas express are fuming with this occurrence and have demanded stern action to be taken against the officials concerned. IRCTC has ordered an enquiry into the incident and has even collected some food samples for the same.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Comments

comments