Visakhapatnam all set to host the second ODI between India and West Indies

vizag, cricket

In what came as a delightful news to all the cricket fans in Visakhapatnam, it was revealed that the city’s Dr. Y.S Rajasekhar Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium will play host to the second ODI between India and West Indies.

Scheduled to be played on 24 October, the game was originally supposed to be played at the Holkar stadium in Indore. However, a dispute between the BCCI and the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Board over complementary tickets called for a change of venue.

As per the BCCI’s new constitution, 90% of the total tickets need to be rendered for public sale while the remaining 10% can be handed out as complimentary tickets.

With the Holkar stadium having a capacity to accommodate 27000 spectators, the MPCA was left with 2700 seats to be issued as complimentary tickets.

The BCCI also demands free passes for it sponsors and reportedly, this is where the tussle began between the two boards, which led to the match being shifted to Visakhapatnam.

“The second Paytm ODI to be played between India and Windies will now be held at Visakhapatnam’s Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium,” the BCCI said in a statement.

Visakhapatnam last played host to an ODI between India and Sri Lanka in December 2017. The game witnessed Shikhar Dhawan batter the Islanders with a blistering century as the home side cruised home to victory.

West Indies will play 5 ODIs against India starting on 21 October. The first game will be played in Guwahati. The two teams have currently locked horns in a two-match Test series, which began on 4 October in Rajkot.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Comments

comments