Vizag likely to host the second ODI between India and West Indies

cricket, vizag

Might stand as a great news to the ardent cricket fans in Vizag as the city is likely to host the second One-Day International game which would be taking place between India and West Indies.

The city might get the chance as the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association is facing issues regarding the distribution of complimentary passes. The issue came into limelight with the implementation of making only 10% complimentary passes available by the new registered Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The other 90% would be sold to the public.

BCCI stated, ” “As mandated by Rule 37(8), 90% of the tickets in each category must be available for purchase by the public through transparent booking procedure(s) which should be intimated to the Committee of Administrators at least 5 days prior to the match. There should be no provision for preferential blocking/ holding of tickets from out of this 90% and the same should be available on first-come-first-serve basis to the public.”

Sources mentioned,“Mostly it will be Vizag; the official confirmation will be made soon. They (Andhra) have agreed to the board request and we are working at the final modalities. There are a lot of things to do if the game is shifted at the last minute. Logistics, travelling, security there are many things to be finalised.”

According to the sources, the Indian Express understood that the Committee of Administrators (COA) have spoken to Andhra Cricket Association and learnt that they are willing to host the second ODI.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Comments

comments