The Department of Archaeology and Museums identified 25 sites of archaeological importance. The sites have been identified in Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam districts to be included in VUDA’s Master Plan 2030.
The identified sites will now be provided with basic amenities like roads and other infrastructure facilities. More sites will be identified in the East Godavari District by the Kakinada based Department of Archaeology and Museums.
A total of 25 sites have been identified in the three districts and the list will be submitted to VUDA soon. The objective is to integrate Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region (VMR) into the master plan for Visakhapatnam-Kakinada PCPIR region.
Sites for the Master Plan 2030:
– Appikonda temple
– Three temples with five natural springs at Panchadharla near Elamanchili
– Buddhist heritage sites at Pavuralakonda, Thotlakonda and Bhavikonda
– Sri Varaha Lakshmi Nrusimha Swamy temple at Simhachalam
– Sri Krishna Deva Raya war memorial at Padmanabham
– Potnuru pillar
– Dutch building
– Jama Masjid (17th century)
– Arasavilli temple
– Sri Kurmam temple
– Salihundam temple
– Kalingapatnam temple
– Sri Mukhalingam temple
– Jayathi temple
– Eastern Chalukyan temple
– Bobbili war memorial