The number of fever cases being reported in Vizag has been on the rise for the past few weeks. With several vector-borne diseases, such as dengue and malaria, plaguing the city relentlessly, the GVMC officials and district administration have upped the ante in their efforts to save the situation.
An increased influx of patients to the government and private hospitals in Vizag has left the citizens and authorities with plenty to worry about.
Official figures indicate that a staggering number of 342 malaria, 898 dengue, and 19 chikungunya cases have been reported from Vizag city. As per the authorities, the areas of TDP Colony, Ambedkar Colony, Prakash Colony, Gajuwaka, Kancharapalem, Gnanapuram, and Allipuram among others have reported cases of dengue and malaria.
While the change in temperatures and scanty rainfall this season are being cited as the primary cause for the spread of fevers, the outdated and ineffective equipment and treatment methods being offered at some hospitals haven’t helped the cause either, others opine.
The GVMC, on the other hand, has been conducting sanitation works and review meetings on a war-footing to better the situation in the city. Reportedly, the chief governing body of Vizag has deployed additional field workers to effectuate the disease control programme. Also, other techniques such as using Gambusia fish (preys on mosquito larvae) in 33 disease-prone areas and oils balls (as a larvicide) are being put into effect by the officials.
The government has even released a list of precautionary measures that need to be taken against dengue and malaria.
- Tanks and other containers that are filled with water, need to be closed. Measures should be taken to avoid water stagnation.
- Wear clothes that cover your body entirely.
- Clean water tanks and containers once a week before refilling them.
- It’s mandatory to use mosquito nets.
- Dispose of any waste in the house and surroundings.
- Shut your house’s doors and windows from 5-6 in the mornings and evenings. Do mosquito fogging in the surroundings.
పరిసరాలను పరిశుభ్రంగా ఉంచుకుని వ్యాధులను నివారించుకుందాం. దోమతెరలు వాడుకుని డెంగ్యూ, మలేరియా నుండి రక్షణ పొందుదాం. ArogyaAndhra