Preparation Time: 30 minutes
• 1 cup toovar dal cooked and mashed
• 2 green chillies
• ¼ tsp turmeric
• A big pinch of asafoetida
• 8-10 curry leaves
• Salt to taste
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
• 1 tsp ghee
• ¼ tsp cumin seeds
1. Add salt , turmeric, asafoetida to the cooked dal.
2. Mix well and add 1 liter water and boil on medium flame.
3. Heat ghee in a wok add cumin seeds.
4. When they crackle add chopped green chillies and curry leaves.
5. Switch off the flame and add to the boiling rasam.
6. Add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
7. Before serving add lemon juice.
Serve piping hot rasam with rice and ghee.